Tuesday, September 9, 2014

In Pursuit...




On Sunday, my high school Sunday school class and I prayed this verse from Ephesians together.  It's a powerful prayer that Paul offers up for the Ephesians - a prayer that Christians everywhere will be filled with the Holy Spirit and grasp the incredible love our God has for us.  He prays that we would be completely filled "to the measure" of all the fullness of God. For me, this verse reminds me that God wants to fill all of me - every little bit, every little crevice, holding nothing back from him.  He wants to fill us so full of his love that there is no room for any little corner of self-doubt or insecurity. Do you struggle with self-doubt or insecurity? The God who created us wants to replace that doubt with his love.
I sometimes think that we forget the simple truth that God loves us so deeply. Many of us know by heart John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." But do we know this verse in our heart? When we read these words do we know that "the world" includes you and me?  "God so loved me."  "God so loved you."
As we begin another school year, my prayer for all of us is that we are drawn into the pursuit of God's loving us and of us loving God.  It is a worthwhile, deliberate pursuit - a following, a drawing closer, a daily striving to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment